Following the news of the second wave of COVID-19 Pandemic in our nation Nigeria, we felt it is important to prevent its spread into our dear State, and we hope to do all within our power to protect citizens of the State of Osun from contacting the deadly disease by giving some guidelines, in addition to already existing COVID-19 rules and regulations, especially to guide conduct and observance of CROSSOVER NIGHT on Thursday, 31st December, 2020 within the State.
For the safety of all in the State of Osun, the following protocols against the spread of COVID-19 must be observed during the new year crossover night of 31/12/2020:
1) That all Watch Night/Crossover Night Services must not exceed 12.15am.
2) That all worshippers who wish to return to their homes after the crossover night must ensure that they are in their respective homes latest by 1am, while those who cannot get to their homes by 1am on Frinday, 1st January, 2021 should sleep in their respective church auditorium till 5am before leaving for their respective homes.
Note that security agents and taskforce would be out by 1am to enforce this rule.
3) That worshippers should not exceed 50% of each church building capacity at the crossover night. Where congregations are more than 50% of the building capacity, service can be held outside the church building for ventilation and physical distance.
4) That every church and worship centre should abide with the already laid down protocols of hand washing with soap and water, use of body temperature machine before people are allowed into worship centres, regular use of hand sanitizer, use of face mask by every worshipper, observance of physical distance, collection of offerings with bags and others.
5) That case of anyone suspected to have been infected should be referred to appropriate quarters.
Wishing you all Merry Christmas and Prosperous New Year in advance.